The Multipurpose Mobile Manipulator is an advanced research-grade mobile manipulator platform, designed with modularity, accessibility, compatibility and affordability in mind:
1. The base, arms and chest can be attached and detached for easy transportation and storage.
2. There are plenty of mounting holes to add custom sensors and electronics.
3. The top can run independently of the bottom and vice versa.
1. Open source software gives users unlimited freedom.
2. Open hardware lets users fully understand how the robot works.
3. Laptop-for-a-face greatly simplifies the testing and development pipeline.
4. Arduino Mega makes interfacing with the robot's sensors and actuators a snap.
1. The robot is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux.
2. Libraries for Python 2.7 and Arduino are currently supported.
3. Libraries for Unity, Processing, ROS, MATLAB, C++, and Scratch are planned.
1. The entire cost of building the robot (parts and fabrication) is estimated to be 2000 USD.
2. This makes the robot around the same cost as a modern hobbyist 3D printer.
3. And a fraction of the cost of similar research grade robotics platforms.